Tracey Kafka is an artist who lives and works in Connecticut. She graduated from Paier College of Art in 1997 and was part of Elm City Artists, a New Haven co-op for 6 years.
Originally working in large format painting, she found her work reducing gradually over a period of time. Her current format allows the connection of her intution and spontaneity to react more closely. Gouache, watercolor, oil, acrylic, charcoal and a variety of textural mediums all find a home in Kafka's work.
"My approach to painting is an exploration of line, form and color. I do not set out to create a specific image". Kafka's pieces are all untitled. "I want the viewer to experience their own individual perception of my work".
The result, Kafka hopes, unlocks a door in the viewer's imagination and takes them on their own journey.
Work has been featured in:
- HGTV Secrets From a Stylist (Emily Henderson) episode 9 season 2 2011
- Better Homes and Gardens July 2011 issue
- Purchased for the set of the TV show Parenthood
- New England Home Magazine Connecticut Summer 2014
- Colorado Home &Life Style Magazine December 2014
- Serena & Lily
- Featured in Rue Magazine January 2015 Color Issue
Please contact Bozzuto Greene Art to purchase pieces not available in the online shop.